Passport and visa requirements
All foreign visitors to Mexico must possess a valid passport. The Mexican government only requires that your passport must be valid during the entirety of your trip. Please contact the airline(s) you will be flying on to ensure that they let you board the plane as some of them have a six months validity rule for passports that may apply.
Holders of a valid (non-expired) visa or permanent residence of the United States, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area (European Union) do not require visa as well as the permanent residents of the countries members of the “Pacific Alliance” (Chile, Peru, Colombia). In other case you may need a visa to enter Mexico. You can check the statute of your country here. Please contact the Mexican consulate in your country in advance to verify visa requirements. If possible, air travel on direct routes to Mexico City International Airport (MEX) is recommended in order to avoid connections that require separate visas for the US or other countries.
For more detailed information about visa please see the official website of the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs or the website of Mexican consulate or embassy in your country.
The Congress Secretariat assists delegates by processing the official invitations upon request. These letters do not commit the Congress Organiser to any financial obligation.
Invitation letters for visa purposes can only be issued to people who have completed the registration process and paid the registration fee.
Official invitation by Congress Organiser – required information:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of citizenship (country which issued your passport)
- Passport number
- Date of expiry of your passport
Condition for the issuance of the invitation letter by the Congress Organiser is as follows:
- Payment of registration fee
In case the embassy requires the original invitation letter, we can arrange two delivery methods:
1) Regular post – free of charge, however, the delivery cannot be guaranteed as there is no way to track the delivery. The organisers shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in delivery.
2) Express delivery service (FedEx, DHL) – the fee shall be covered by the participant in advance, together with the congress fee. The express delivery fee is 30–60 EUR, depending on country of delivery. The organiser strongly recommends using the latter as it is faster and enables the delivery to be tracked (using a tracking number).
As soon as the required data has been received and the registration fees have been paid, the Congress Secretariat will start the process of issuing the official invitation for you. This process usually takes a few weeks.
We strongly advise you to apply at least two months prior to the Congress.